Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Kidz

Here is the only movie I took of Tai-chan's brother and sister. It's odd to think that they are not my kids, yet they are Tai-chan's siblings. I'm wondering what their attitudes towards me are going to be as they grow older, completely fatherless. Or maybe the dude will just show up one day, unannounced.

If I were they and of sufficient age and that happened, I'd probably tell him to go take a hike.

I don't know. Even though they aren't mine, I can't treat them callously in any way, because after all, they didn't choose to have a jerk for a father.

Incidentally, they both have very unorthodox names for Japanese kids -- I must say I've never heard of a single person with their first names. It would be as if in English their names were Xerxix and Kebmek.

Hmm. Those names kind of have ring to them. Maybe I'll name my next set of cats that.

The little girl's name is Kaho and the boy's name is Koh. They are 5 and 7, respectively. They don't speak a word of English.

Oh, and today at 2:28 p.m. exactly 12 years ago, Tai-chan was born at the Jewish General hospital, on the fifth floor. The nurse presiding was a Vietnamese woman named Thanh. I forget the name of the delivery doctor, but I do know our regular obstetrician never showed up.

1 comment:

  1. They look cute and seem open to conversation :D

    I do hope they spend good times along with Tai-chan.

    By the way sensei, what were you talking about?

    ReplyDelete