Friday, July 26, 2013

Tai-chan's Birthday

Well, it's not really until August 7th, but I will be four days gone by then. The idiocy of my not having planned to stay till at least his birthday is far beyond me.

But we had a great time. Everyone was invited -- typically, no one came. They all seem determined to dissociate themselves from Tai-chan and my relationship as much as possible, as if by not paying attention to it, it somehow won't exist. They are mightily misinformed if that is their delusion.

Perhaps now you can get a sense of my extreme anger . . . a deep simmering that never completely goes away and spans my every waking moment, even while I'm in Montreal. The feeling that an injustice is being done -- which is the case -- and continues to be done, causing irrevocable harm to both Tai-chan and me, but even worse harm to the perpetrators, upon whose deathbeds there will be much for them to regret. Too bad any smidgeon of forgiveness won't be forthcoming from anywhere near me -- they will have to go meet their makers totally on their own with no one to follow them, reassuring forgivenesses in hand.

Anyway, we chose to go have an Indian dinner at the Nepalese place next door. Unfortunately, they only take cash, so the ¥4,800 cleaned me out. It's going to have to be credit from here on in.

First, our dinner:
Our naan plate -- with Tai-chan's curry and vegetarian bhaji

Tai-chan is getting great at portraits

He always manages to look like an angel, even in a simple T-shirt

Our tandoori chicken; authentic in every way. Too bad the rice was Japanese.
The dinner was great. We were the only customers. I had a fantastic, super-spicy chicken Madras, but alas, we could take nothing home. We had to leave practically half the meal. What a tragedy!

But we came home to our Sourire d'Anges cake . . .


Now is that a sculpture in cakery, or WHAT?
It's really too bad everyone chose to stay away. I guess it's going to be like this for the rest of our lives. So be it!

1 comment: