Monday, July 29, 2013

"The Restaurant"

On Sunday, after an abortive attempt to get Tai-chan to paint some lovely kanji onto some special boards -- he was not happy with his own work and didn't want to do it any more -- it was decided that we should go out instead and take photos.

So, with both our Canons, we hopped the train and went to near where his grandparents live, and in a green spot took photos of all sorts of stuff.

 I had mentioned that I hadn't had any sushi yet, and he told me we could go to the place "Where all the sushi and everything else goes round and round and is super-cheap, Daddy!"

 Only problem is, the times he had gone, he had gone in a car. We had to walk.

It was only 20 minutes from the station, but when we arrived at this place -- I'm so sorry but I cannot remotely begin to come up with words to describe it -- it would be like trying to describe what ice cream tastes like to a frog -- it turns out we had a 50-minute wait.

Yes, there it was on a blinking board in front of us, and in case we didn't understand the number "50" some man barked "50! 50 minutes!" This place was so computerized and roboticized that everything took place by pushing buttons. I must say, it made my day. No, strike that -- it made my century.

I'm sorry, perhaps only the movie can remotely explain this place:



No comments:

Post a Comment